Sunday, January 23, 2011

Round 7 of Reykjavik Championship

Link for live games is here: http://dl.skaksamband.is/mot/2011/STHR2011/r7/tfd.htm

I am white vs WGM Lenka Ptacnikova. She has been doing well lately, especially in the women's Olympiad where she got an IM norm. She also was voted the best game prize for the year 2010 for her game against Eva Repkova in that same tournament.

I've played here many times before. The score is +3 -1 =3 so I have been doing ok. Last 5 games I was black so nice to get white for a change!

My preparation which wasn't as complete as I would have liked consisted mostly of looking at 1.c4 e5 lines. I am expecting 1.c4 e5 2.g3 Nf6 3.Bg2 d5 with some main line English. We also played a blitz game recently where she played 1...c5 so I looked at those lines a little bit as well. In any case I'll learn a little bit more about the English today!

No comments:

Post a Comment